Monday, September 3, 2012

Random Thoughts: Sound of my Day

Sounds. I would surely go insane without it. I'd rather die than live the rest of my life hearing nothing.

My alarm goes off at 6 o'clock in the morning just to wake my sleepy self. I lazily slip my feet into my slippers and drag myself into the bathroom. Eyes half-open, I slowly turn the shower on and the cold water drips all over my body which makes me squeak like a pig and jump like a kid!

I open the door and the hammering noise from a nearby construction welcomes my morning. Soon enough the bustling sound of streets and voices of strangers--a man cracking his knuckles, a lady talking on the phone, friends giggling behind the driver-- accompanies me on the way to office. 

My day at work is the same as usual. I hear some ladies gossip just about anything while in restroom; the keyboard and mouse clicking fills the room; busy feet rushing along the hallway and some people just bossing around yelling, pointing and getting everybody's attention. The guard routinely switching off and on the air-condition and lights,  a pile of workloads and constant rings of phone calls makes everyone's day not-so-bright.
 
To cap my day off, I sit back and watch an action movie from HBO or listen to several KPop songs from my iPod.
Sounds. It is endless!

I wash my face, brush my teeth. I put on my pyjamas and throw myself to bed. I turn off the lights and tuck myself under the blanket. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

My eardrums found peace...sigh.

But then I could hear familiar sounds and voices surrounding the quiet night, it seems like a lovely music that calms a panting heart. I could hear myself, my memories, my dreams. I feel my lips twitch into a smile. The sound of excitement, laughter, fun and adventure. I hear it all! Ahhh, sounds! I hear it even in silence!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...