Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Random Thoughts: Poisonous tongue

It's funny that the title I've thought of really means something, I looked it up and the phrase means: Someone who spreads gossip (usually bad things and most of the time unfounded [untrue]) about others is said to have a poison tongue. This is exactly what I want to write about at this moment.

One of the things I learned from my father, being a mensch politician, is to be reasonable. As he said, everything has a reason why it happens. 

He stood by his principles but still people bashes him, detractors spread gossips about him and our family. But despite all these, he kept his cool and lived with it. He always tell us to stay calm and understand whatever they're coming from. For me, I want to cry foul, I want to cast a stone at them but eventually, I realized keeping your mouth shut actually dies down any issues quickly and you prove them wrong. 

I remember when I was in college, I don't exactly remember who says it or where I heard from but I took it deep in my heart.

"No matter how much shit a Professor or bullies throw at your face or behind your back, just turn around and don't talk back. But rather, motivate yourself to do better and better. And when you succeed, go back to them and thank them as you stand tall. That's the sweetest revenge." 

We can apply the same thing at work. Whatever crap a power-tripping boss tells you or to anybody else just to keep his hands clean, keep your cool and do the best you can on your job. Deliver results and let him stressed-out from his own selfishness, enviousness, and hatred. 

Whatever people gossip about you won't make you a lesser person. Especially when everybody knows the gossip-spreading-person really has a foul mouth and poisonous tongue. The important thing is, people who really matters to you knows who to believe in and knows who to laugh at. :D



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...