Thursday, December 9, 2010

Random Thoughts: Thank you Day.

Every once in a while, I spare some time thanking people I'm grateful to know. I call this day my "Thank You Day". I use any means of communication; personally, text messaging, email, social networking, etc. to reach them. I randomly pick several people (usually, these are the people I missed the most at the moment) and reminisce the memories we've shared together. I construct a brief but direct and sincere Thank you message to let them know how I miss them.

I don't expect anything in return but the way they react on my little habit gives me a thrill, always!

It sounds corny...

But there's a heartwarming feeling every time I send my appreciation most especially when I receive an even more sincere response. 

Try moh!


Mr. Frank Mihalic has inspired me to do so...something you might also want to ponder about.

Just saying "THANK YOU" helps not only ourselves but also the people who hear it.
If we thank people, they don't forget it.
And the next time around they will be glad to be of help to us.
They feel they owe us something.
Thanking people cheers them up;
you can see their faces light up.
It makes their work lighter.
They go on the same old job, but somehow it seems interesting and easier.

The words "THANK YOU" bear fruit immediately.
When we are thanked, our first reaction is to go and thank someone else.
And in that way we start a whole chain reaction of thanks.

What is particularly inspiring is thanks from above:
parents thanking children,
bosses thanking employees,
teachers thanking pupils.

Why is it that thanks is automatic to a stranger and not to those near?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...