Friday, January 10, 2014

Across the Globe: Reminiscin' the Texan Experience

I'm back to my beloved country! =) 

Back to work, to commuting, to breathing polluted air, and to slow internet connection.

Arghhh! these were basically the things I didn't miss a bit while in the States. 

A month is not enough for a grand vacay and my mind still is lazy to think about work! Still dreaming of a systematic and more efficient transportation system in Metro Manila just like in America. Hmm... will it ever happen?! I'm not losing hope!

We've been to almost everywhere in Texas, it is just too bad we're not able to see the 5-hour drive city of Dallas. But it's ok, there would definitely be a next time =D

Here are some of the places I've been and things I've experienced. Hope I will be able to blog about each of the city soon.

SAN ANTONIO. I was able to watch a Spurs game against Hawks at AT&T arena. The Spurs win!

Went up the Tower of the Americas to have a 360 view of downtown.

Visit the River Walk for a cruise. 

Fought my claustrophobia for a deep cave exploration down the Natural Bridge Cavern . 

Got amazed by the stories behind the walls of The Alamo. 

Went to see a Shamu and experience a bit of snow at Seaworld. 

My Aunts took me to North Star Mall, Ingram Mall, and at La Cantera for a shopping spree. Went grocery and chocolate hoarding at Walmart, HEB, Sam's Club, and Costco. Went dining at Buffets, at Chinese, American, Italian, and Mexican restaurants. Went bowling, kart racing, car washing, and jogging at the park. Went to watch Frozen and Thor 2 at movie house with my cousin, and see a Musical at the Dinner Theater. 

Went to visit Churches to pray for our dear ones too...
(St. Mary's, St. Brigid, San Fernando Church, Guadalupe Grotto)

OTHER PLACES. A friend tagged me as "the explorer" while in the States because my facebook was updated with travel photos.  Well, I was able to see wonderful places! Isn't it something you would love sharing with your family and friends?

NASA Space Center in Houston (and by the way, there's a Jollibee fastfood chain opened just recently at downtown area). 

Downtown Austin and The State Capitol


The Shopping Outlets of San Marcos.

The small German town of Fredericksburg where I experienced Ice skating for the first time and where I learned that Germans were actually the ones who first introduced the Christmas tree to the United States.

I also miss Buc-ees! The famous stop-over store for travelers.

But most of all, I was able to spend quality times with my dear Titas and Titos and cousins and experience Christmas with them. =). I miss them dearly and every moment spent with them was precious and memorable, even Lilly and Gem (pet dogs) made my stay worthwhile and fun! =)


I wish I could stay a bit longer...

Next time...

Perhaps...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...