Sunday, February 21, 2016

Random Thoughts: Loveletter to Friends

People change. 

But no matter how we become different from who we were before, we can never change the fact that we're a part of something, of someone we used to value so much. Sometimes, they just inevitably drift away from us as we meet new people.

I won't demand attention nor time from you and say, "hey, I was once a part of you, make time for me!" because I certainly understand that you're all busy with your own lives. You have a new set of friends, a career that occupies your mind, life challenges to focus on, and someone or a family to spend more quality time with. 

On this special day of love, I just want to tell you what my heart whispers... that no matter how much we've changed, I will always treasure the moments of that awesome friendship we had back in the day. 

I still keep them old kodak-developed pictures, thoughtful retreat letters, our interactive diaries as well as our random doodles on most pages of my notebooks. Even that little piece of paper with quirky notes were preserved and yeah, those testimonials from friendster too! :) These little things never fails to cheer me up when I'm emotionally distressed plus it reminds me how shallow and silly we used to be! :D

Your gifts, greeting cards, and all other tokens of friendship were very much well-kept and most of all, the secrets you've entrusted to me remains top secret! (imagine me smiling mischievously hah!)

I may not have time to write each of you a more personalized message or drop by to your fb page to greet you on special occasions like this; and I may not be as thoughtful as you can remember anymore but keep in mind that each of you is a puzzle piece that is a part of my whole being. It was indeed a great pleasure to have spent some time with you. Thank you.

I love you friends, you know I did. And I still do. ;)

-a letter i posted on my fb account last valentines day for my friends whom i've been missing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...