Sunday, October 6, 2013

Run United 2013: 3rd and Final Leg

October 6, 2013
SM Mall of Asia

Here it comes, our most awaited half-marathon race! 

Breakfast: bread + peanut butter + banana + water. And since I just got well yesterday from sickness, I added a few slices of orange and vitamin C.

Gun Start: 4:00 AM.
We got out from the Condo unit to the race venue at 3:30 am and as expected, parking were already full but luckily SM Mall of Asia opened its building's parking are to accommodate the runners' vehicles. 

We were a bit late but we managed to join the 2nd wave of the half marathon. The gun was fired and off we go!

I have already set my mind to just follow my own pace and not be tempted to race against other runner's. I did a few tips I've learned from other runners as well, including the breathing technique which I had mastered from training. We took some bananas, water, gatorade, sponge dipped in cold water and had our knees sprayed along the way. It all helped us go the distance. 


At the finish line, I went straight to the medic for ice packs on my legs to avoid cramps and sprain.

I felt ecstatic when they handed my 1st ever half-marathon medal and Finisher Shirt! I had a good personal record too (official chip time: 3:00:55)

Below are us, the MSi Runners' Club! 10k, 21k, & 42k runners. It is a very satisfying run!!! 


Thanks to Gianne for believing that we can do it! If she didn't open our mind that this is in fact (could be) our only chance to get that half-marathon medal because we're getting older, we might have missed this opportunity of proving ourselves that we could, indeed, go the distance!

Thank you to Mam Fanny for the accommodation and free ride ;)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...