Thursday, June 16, 2011

Random Thoughts: Lunar Eclipse


June 16, 2011. My deep sleep was disturbed by a phone call. It was my sister and it's 3 o'clock in the morning!

She called up just to tell me to observe the lunar eclipse that's already been in the process at that moment. They're back home, on the roof! just to witness it.

I went out the street but can't seem to find where the moon is. But as I head back, I finally saw it, a fullmoon and half of it was already covered by the earth's shadow. There are some scattered thin clouds but the sky cleared up just in time. At 3:30 AM on my watch, it was totally covered and it became what was called the 'Red Moon'.

It was my first time to witness a lunar eclipse! It might be spectacular if I had a telescope. =)

I've read the news and it says, It lasted for 100 minutes, which was the longest total lunar eclipse in 11 years. WOW!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...